Thursday, July 23, 2009

Rubbermaid Easy Find Lids Review

I am so excited to have the Rubbermaid Easy Find Lid Containers as the first product review on Young, Fabulous & Frugal. I absolutely love these products and Rubbermaid was a joy to work with.

The easy find lids are great for anyone who has trouble keeping their containers organized. The containers nest inside one another and the lids not only snap together, but also snap onto the bottoms of the containers. You’ll never have to search for a lid to match your container again. My cabinets are so much neater now that I have all my lids and containers matched up in one stack – I love it!

Lock-Its – I don’t have kids, but if you do – or if you’re just clumsy like I am – you’re gonna like the Lock-It containers. Each lid has tabs on all four sides that actually snap onto the container, keeping it airtight and secure. I can verify that these can be dropped and the lid will stay on – I told you I’m a klutz…

Produce Saver – The produce savers were such a huge help to me that I believe they deserve their own tangent. Bear with me a sec J

I’ll admit that I was skeptical when I first tried the produce saver containers, but I was pleasantly surprised with the results I got. When I set out to review this product, I went to the grocery store and bought bananas, lettuce, and strawberries to put in my produce saver containers. I put the strawberries and lettuce in the fridge, but left the bananas on the counter as a test to see if these containers would work unrefrigerated as well. I split the bananas in half – putting half in the produce saver and leaving the other half out in the fruit bowl. Bananas are always a problem for me because I’m the only one in my household that eats them and I have to be careful not to buy more than I can consume in a few days. Otherwise, I end up with brown bananas and usually more loaves of banana bread than I know what to do with! Rubbermaid definitely came to my rescue – in this warm weather, the bananas in the fruit bowl only lasted 3 days before they started to turn spotty. The bananas in the produce saver didn’t start getting spotty until the 6th day. I am pleased that I will now be able to keep them twice as long! The strawberries in the fridge still tasted great after 10 days. The lettuce has been in there now for over 2 weeks and it hasn’t shown any signs of wilting yet. It is still fresh and crispy!

Premier Collection – These containers are sleek looking, durable, and stain resistant. That’s right – stain resistant. If you look in my cabinets you’ll find a whole stack of containers that I only use for storing pasta sauce because the insides are already stained red and I don’t want to ruin another container. This is no longer an issue – these stain resistant containers are great J

For more information and reviews on these products, go to www.easyfindlids.com. Also, be sure to check out Rubbermaid’s blog “Adventures in Organization” at blog.rubbermaid.com and follow them on Twitter at @Rubbermaid.

0 comments:

Post a Comment