Thursday, January 28, 2010

Shopping Trip - Week of 1/22 - Round Two!

As promised, I uped the grocery budget for this week and went out do shop this week’s ad for Shoprite, CVS and Walgreens. I still have one more transaction I’d like to do at Shoprite either tonight or tomorrow with the coupons I’m getting in the mail today. For the most part, though, I’m done with shopping until next weekend! This means no mad dashes this weekend – unless of course the Pathmark or Acme ad is really spectacular and I want to get a jump on it. I like having the option of not shopping this weekend at all. Anyway.. on to me trip..

First I went to Shoprite where I did 2 transactions so I could use my $10 catalina from the P&G promotion right away.

I did Scenario 1 here for that promotion and I also grabbed some free Quaker treats. They were on sale for $0.77 each so both bags of the True Delights Crisps were only $0.02 each after the $0.75 coupon from the 1/10 RP. The peppers, onions and brown sugar were for my turkey meatloaf that night – and the bananas were for my morning oatmeal.

My total oop was $34.64 for $62.14 worth of groceries. I also received a $10 catalina and qualify for the P&G $10 MIR. After rebates my price will be $14.64 – a savings of 76%.


Then I did another transaction and used my $10 catalina to buy some of the ground beef on sale for $1.69/lb this week. I also picked up a bag of Tostitos to use up a free product coupon I had lying around from a contest. I’ll use that towards my Coors Light/Tostitos/Pepsi rebate submission.

After the Catalina, I paid $2.15 oop for $16.14 worth of groceries (6 lbs of ground beef and a bag of Tostitos). I can’t believe some people pay $4.99 a bag for chips... makes me cringe! Either way, I saved 87% on this transaction.

Then I stopped at Walgreens to get my lotions for the Olay Quench rebate. If you want to participate you have until this Sunday (1/31) to make your purchase! You can find the rebate form here.

This week you can also get a free Olay In-Shower Lotion wyb a 20 oz Quench. The deal looks like this:

Buy:

(2) 20 oz Olay Quench Lotions - $15.98
(2) Olay In-Shower Lotions - $0.00
= $15.98

Use:

(2) $2 off Olay Lotion PG 1/17
(2) $1 off Olay In-Shower Lotion PG 1/17
=$9.98 plus tax OOP and then submit the rebate for $15.98 back
= $6.00 moneymaker

Lastly, I made a quick stop at CVS for Diet Pepsi and some Pepsi Throwback for the boyfriend.

Pepsi 12 pks are 3/$10 this week and are giving back $10 ECB wyb $20 worth. You can submit this for the 'spend $20, get $7.50 back' Coors Light/Tostitos/Pepsi MIR or you can combine it with other receipts and submit for the 'spend $30, get back $10' rebate.

Here I paid with $20 Extra bucks for an oop cost of $1.40 (just tax) and got back $10 in ECB.

If you live locally you can pair this receipt with the free French's Mustard and cheap Hefty paper plates and cups at Shoprite this week for a possible moneymaker. I'm gonna go out tonight for some of the mustard and then submit those 2 receipts with the one for the Tostitos for $10 back.


0 comments:

Post a Comment