Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Making a Change to the Budget This Week


After much deliberation, I’ve decided to raise my grocery budget for this week because of the way my payday coincides with the Grocery store ad schedules. I’ve been starting my budget weeks on Friday because that’s when I get paid and that has worked out perfectly for shopping at stores like Pathmark and Acme that release a new ad that day. I do most of my shopping, however, at Shoprite and I have gotten behind schedule there. I find that most weeks I wait until payday on Friday to go to Shoprite and that usually means I’m rushing there every Saturday evening to try to shop that weeks ad before the sale ends. This takes away from other things I would like to be doing on the weekend and it doesn’t allow me much time to get my shopping trip posted. I would like to have that post up earlier in the week so that my readers still have a few days to run over if they see a deal or transaction they want to try. It’s also made it difficult to stock up on sale items (my store only allows 4 identical coupons per transaction) and usually they run out of stuff I wanted or have far less variety than they would normally have. I’ve been looking for a solution to this problem – other than the obvious, stop procrastinating! – and have decided to give myself some extra money in the budget for this week so that I can go out early and grab the things I need out of this weeks ad. I’m hoping this will make it so that I can start doing all my grocery shopping on a weeknight and be done by the time Friday rolls around. It’s a bit of an investment to make at first, but I think it will help keep me on budget – and on schedule – in the future.

I’m still waiting for some coupons that I ordered, but I’m gonna plan on doing a transaction or 2 at Shoprite tonight and also try to stop at CVS and Walgreens. I’ll report back later with my finds!


0 comments:

Post a Comment