Sunday, January 31, 2010

My January Budget Review

 
 One of my resolutions was to start the year off right by keeping careful track of our spending, especially our grocery budget. Each month I will post a review of our grocery spending for the month and track our progress to lowering our grocery expenses.

I gave myself an ambitious goal of $50 per week, which came out to $250 this month (5 weeks). I honestly didn't think I would be able to make this happen right away, but I had my stockpile on my side. I already had months worth of medication, HBA items and household products stockpiled which as been a tremendous help in keeping our numbers down.

Here are the final tallies for January:

Shelf Price of Products Purchased: $861.60

Savings from Store/Loyalty Cards: $340.30

Savings from Coupons: $214.99

Savings from Mail in Rebates: $60.97

Total Saved: $616.30

Total Spent: $245.30

Savings Rate: 71.53%

I came in under budget by $5 - definitely a win!

If you want to track your savings and spending too - visit The Coupon Project and download their FREE budget and expense tracker. It was a lifesaver for me!
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment